What do we need?
The masonry coating is necessary because it offers the required protection from the weather (rain, wind, frost, etc.) and air pollution. Alongside covers manufacturing defects, normalizes the facade of the building and highlights its aesthetic. The three-layer system is time consuming and with relatively higher cost.
How do we do it?
The traditional way of plastering with three layers of coatings may be replaced with two layers coating system of THRAKON:
- 1st layer – Spray plaster
- 2nd coat – One layer plaster
NHP 250 WR
Anti-alkaline fiberglass mesh for coatings
Galvanized Corner bead with mesh
Step by step
- Once the wall is fully dry after building and any repairs have been made, clean and wet all surfaces. Place anti-alkaline fiberglass mesh 110 g/m2 over all channels of electrical and plumbing, at the edges of the openings and under the skirts of the windows.
- Also install anti-alkaline fiberglass on all surfaces of the insulating plates so as to bridge between all the connections and between the different structural materials. Place anti-alkaline galvanized angle beads at the edges of the walls to the beams and wherever needed.
- Apply a strong spray hand (inside, outside) of product SHP 205 taking care to penetrate and fill all the gaps. Depending on climatic conditions and after the spary pull enough, install appropriate drivers and apply one layer plaster 250 WR or NHP 255 WR until 2 cm thick per layer. At this stage create and the decorative elements (frames, murkiness etc. )
- On exterior surfaces is recommended to apply one of the water-repellent one-layer plasters, NHP 250 WR or NHP 255 WR. If you use metal guides for plastering, remove them while the plaster is still fresh and fill the gaps with the same material. Homogenize the material of the filler to the material of the application, in order to avoid cracks after drying. Avoid plastering, under severe weather conditions or when rain is expected. During summer months keep slightly wet the plastered surfaces for two days after application. For very detailed report on coatings and plastering process see the plastering guide.
Προϊόντα που χρησιμοποιήθηκαν : Plasters & Renders