What do we need?
Many times the plaster of the buildings destroyed. Causes of this problem may be:
- Incompatibility of materials
- Blows, etc.
Without an appropriate repair of the building, except the bad cosmetic result, there is serious risk of damage to extend and/or to cause serious problems in the building.
How do we do it?
To remedy the problem, it applies special repair plaster that has adhesion ability to grip in many different structural surfaces and in addition does not crack at the joints, which is common to ordinary plaster.
Anti-alkaline fiberglass mesh for coatings
Step by step
- Remove all loose, damaged plaster, until find strong materials. If we find that the plasters are also hollow remove them.
- We shape the edges of plaster will remain, making a kind of shoulder, so that the repair plaster to cover a part on the residual plaster.
- Wash with water under pressure surfaces on which to make repairs. Depending on the substrate, priming with the appropriate primer. Use the product GLX 292 FLEX PRIM as a general use primer and the GLX 298 for smooth surfaces and surfaces of thermal insulation boards. If the application thickness is large (> 3cm) applying the repair mortar WRM 550 in two layers. But for even greater thicknesses initially apply common way plaster with spray plaster and base coat using the products SHP 205 and GHP 210, to fill the big gap but giving margin 2 cm so on that can be applied and the repairing plaster WRM 550.
- For the preparation of plasters SHP 205 and GHP 210 to the mixing water added and the emulsion improver GLX 296 1.2 kg per bag of 25 kg. Allow the plaster to dry thoroughly.
- Apply with trowel repairing plaster WRM 550, so as to make good contact with the substrate and adjacent old plaster surfaces.
- When the plaster pull, rub as usual grater to betray surface identical to the pre-existing. If surfaces for repair are large and also if there is a connection of different building materials, then for the connection points with old materials, use appropriate anti alkaline fiberglass coatings which incorporate in the repair plaster. If after an earthquake or other causes, it has been observed decoupling of masonry from the supporting structure (beams or columns), first restore the connection to the appropriate method and then apply the repairing plaster WRM 550. Avoid making repairs under extreme weather conditions and heat, keep wet the repaired surfaces with light spraying for the next two days of repair.