What do we need?
Problems on plasters, could create big problems, through time, with moisture playing a major role in this. Problems could affect reinforcement, with moisture attacking steel and causing corrosion.
The phenomenon of carburization (conversion of calcium hydroxide Ca (OH) 2 contained in the concrete to calcium carbonate CaCO3), and the high concentration of chlorides in strongly corrosive environments such as in industrial, urban, coastal areas, etc. lowers the alkalinity concrete that protects the iron armor. The result of this reduction is the corrosion, ie rusting of steel reinforcement of concrete and the cracks due to an increase in the volume of reinforcement, which create risks for the statics of the structure construction.
How do we do it?
The coating of steel reinforcement with anticorrosive brushable mortar WRM 510 shields the armor from the negative effects of carbonation (rust) and chlorides, increasing the life of reinforced concrete and protecting the statics of the building. Then, repair the concrete with WRM 525, a high strength, fiber reinforced repairing mortar (R4).
ADVANTAGES: Easy in Application – Very High Mechanical Strength
Step by step
- Remove the worn parts of the concrete until you reach healthy substrate. Fully uncover the metal reinforcement at the points will be repaired so that it is possible to coat with the primer WRM 510.
- Then clean the reinforcement from rust using a wire brush, shipping hammer, blasting or needle guns, according to the size and extent of corrosion. Smooth concrete surfaces should be roughened enough with a chisel before the application of repair materials.
- Finally wash and clean the surfaces (reinforcement and concrete) with water under pressure. The surfaces of concrete on which to apply the product WRM 510 must be wet until saturation and the excess water is removed.
- Apply on metal reinforcement as well to all surfaces of the uncovered concrete anticorrosive brushable mortar WRM 510.
- When primer for steel reinforcement cured, but while it is still fresh, apply the repair mortar WRM 525 to close the gaps in the concrete created.
- Where necessary molding to restore part of the concrete and then inject repair mortar WRM 525 taking care to make diligent laying and cover all the gaps. Be sure to get out all the produced air and there are no gaps. The screed thickness may be up to 4 cm. The repair mortar should be applied with diligence and pressed firmly to cover all the gaps of the depth to the outer surface. With extreme care should cover the metal reinforcement.
- When we closed the gap, smoothing the outer surface or roughened if you will be apply plaster.
To obtain uniform strength and prevent cracks, the final surface must be kept moist for the first few days after application, and prevent fast drying with suitable liquid cover. Particular care should be taken during the summer months and on surfaces that are under strong sunlight. The material must be applied when the external temperature is between + 5oC and + 35oC, and not in the rain.
Tip: For structuring corners, either use a corner-shaped spatula, or two spatulas together. WRM 525 offers excellent bonding strength making it easy to structure a corner.
WRM 525 is a premium quality repairing product, fiber reinforced, offering high strength (R4), making it appropriate for repairing old or new, reinforced or not concrete. It is suitable for the restoration of damages on concrete. It can be applied either by pouring it with a trowel/spatula or by spraying it on the surface to be repaired. It is non-shrinking, with excellent bonding with concrete, while it develops rapidly its mechanical properties.
Προϊόντα που χρησιμοποιήθηκαν :