What do we need?
Basements walls and foundations often face moisture and water. Although the load of moisture may be small without hydrostatic pressure, this through the capillaries of the concrete passes to the interior creating major problems but can lead to corrosion of the reinforcement, creating risks for the statics of the structure over time. Sometimes because of the large porosity of the concrete, shows a water leak from the entire surface of the masonry. The materials to be used should withstand high water pressure where will be exercised and comes from the outside .
How do we do it?
It will be an overall waterproofing from the outer surface of the concrete using one component, flexible, brushable waterproofing slurry DSF 363 FIBERELASTIC.
NEODRAIN SL 28C
Step by step
- First remove all loose, clean and wash the surfaces to be applied materials. Projecting irons are cut at a depth of 2 cm below the concrete surface. Also clean any corroded metal and fittings.
- Prime with primer WRM 510 all exposed metal parts on which to apply the brushable mortar. Crucify the acrylic primer high penetration GLX 292 FLEX PRIM on all surfaces of concrete, on which will be applied materials.
- Prime all surfaces with high penetration acrylic primer GLX 292 FLEX Prim. Large cracks (> 1 mm) and gaps close with fiber reinforced repairing mortar WRM 525. If there are water leaks are sealed with super-fast setting sealant mortar WRM 500.
- Apply the fiber reinforced, brushable waterproofing slurry DSF 363 FIBER ELASTIC, four layers crosswise, with a stiff brush. Material must penetrate and fill all the gaps. Each layer is applied over the preceding when it is almost dry.
- Finally, to protect the application, place the waterproofing membrane NEODRAIN SL 28C.