Ιnternal Tank Waterproofing
What do we need?
We refer to waterproof water tanks made of concrete, which is done from the inside. Many times the concrete after curing creates hairline cracks (<1mm). Even there may be increased porous in concrete. Finally these defects may be present as large cracks (2 – 5mm). In all these cases there is water leakage through the walls of the tank, which among other things can have devastating effects on the strength of the reinforcement and concrete.
How do we do it?
Because cracks in the walls of the concrete show contractions, for insulation used an elastomeric waterproofing 2 components emulsion, which has high elasticity.
DSF 350 FLEX
Step by step
- Remove loose parts of concrete from the walls or the floor of the tank. Wash and remove any molds and algae developed in concrete surfaces.
- Priming with high penetration acrylic primer GLX 292 FLEX PRIM all surfaces on which to apply the materials. Large cracks (> 5 mm) and gaps filled with the repair mortar WRM 525.
- When the surfaces thoroughly dry with stiff brush or roller apply in two layers crosswise, the waterproofing two component emulsion, DSF 350 FLEX.
- If necessary we apply two additional layers to protect against high hydrostatic pressures. Each layer is applied onto the preceding when it is dry.
- The tank can be filled with water, after complete drying of the material (7-10 days).