What do we need?
The grouting of the terrace is a fairly demanding application as exposes the paving permanently solar UV radiation and strong climatic variations (frost, heat, rain, etc.).
How do we do it?
The use of two component epoxy grout FMF 155 gives complete protection and durability in the most extreme climatic conditions over time.
Step by step
- The application should be performed when the substrate has a humidity content of <4%. The epoxy grout FMF 155 is provided in two components A and B in a predetermined ratio are mixed shortly before use.
- Pour the entire contents of the B (hardener) into the container A (resin) and mix thoroughly with a low speed drill (300 rpm / min.) for 5 minutes until a homogeneous paste.
- After mixing, applying the product portions to clean joints (without adhesive or debris) by pulling, using a rubber or metal flexible spatula in a diagonal to the direction of the joints. In this way removed the excess material.
- The minimum material remains on the surface, it is emulsified by rubbing with a damp sponge and must be cleaned within 20 min. Use of warm water facilitates cleaning. At high temperatures we clean faster. The grout after clotting, cleaned very difficult, only by mechanical means, so it is necessary to clean the tools immediately after use. After hardening of the material is harmless to health. The product in low temperatures loses its workability and reaction times is bigger. Unlike high temperatures grow the pot life. Expansion joints must be provided every 25 m2. The relationship between sides should not exceed 1: 2.
- The joints are filled with use of polyurethane silicone ELASTO-PU and the corresponding string support joint closed cell BAKER ROD.