Waterproofing Bathroom with Medium Moisture Requirements
What do we need?
Tiling in places that are under the influence of medium moisture loads ( periodic ) as bathrooms, showers, toilets , etc . , have increased demands on resistance and durability over time as well as should provide complete protection and prevent the risk of penetration of water vapor and behind the tiles due to possible detachment .
How do we do it?
Waterproofing system of the acrylic brusable membrane DSF 300 Flex Hydrostop is the ideal solution for the waterproofing of walls before tiling, and in particular points which entrusted most strongly with moisture.
KF 12/7 – F 12/7
Step by step
- The substrate must be dry , solid, stable and free of dust, dirt , oil, grease and loose parts. Where required filling and leveling of the floor this can be done with cement floor mortars of THRAKON before applying the acrylic brushable membrane. If filling and leveling of the wall is necessary can be applied any of THRAKON Coatings Systems before applying the acrylic brushable membrane.
- Before the application of DSF 300 Flex Hydrostop the substrate must be primed with high penetration acrylic primer GLX 292 FLEX PRIM. For application on metal surfaces, first remove fats and oils and then apply a suitable primer for anticorrosive surface protection. DSF 300 Flex Hydrostop applied in two layers. The first layer is applied insoluble with roller or brush. After complete drying of the first layer, a second one is applied, also insoluble.
- Along the connection of masonry with the floor it is recommended to reinforce the waterproofing membrane with elastic fiberglass tape KF 12/7 or by elastic polyester fabric tape F 12/7, width 12cm. The placement is done in the following way: Apply a layer of DSF 300 flex hydrostop, width 15 – 17 cm along the points in need of aid and place the film layer while is still damp.
- Two to three more layers follow each after drying the previous one.
- After completion of the whole application , and after complete drying of the waterproofing ( 24 hours after application) , the substrate may directly cover with ceramic tiles using, cement based, elastic adhesive, modified with special resins.
- Do not apply DSF 300 Flex Hydrostop to damp surfaces or surfaces with moisture. During and after 3 hours of applying the product, the environment temperature should not be below + 5 ˚C.
- Do not dilute the DSF 300 Flex Hydrostop with water mixed with other materials. Mix well with an electric mixer before application. Do not apply DSF 300 Flex Hydrostop on substrates directly exposed to intense direct sunlight, very high temperatures (over +30 ˚C) or during high winds. Avoid work in conditions of rain or frost.
- Not recommended. Use of the product in swimming pools and areas that are permanently under water.
- Remains exposed after its application to atmospheric conditions. Required coverage with a ceramic product.
Product Categories : Waterproofing